For competition and breeding horses with roughage built-in . . . Purina Omolene 400 Horse Feed contains the Purina Amplify Nugget, a patented, high-fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile. It also contains a high amount of loose beet pulp shreds as an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy. Omolene #400 Horse Feed contains no barley, oats or alfalfa making it ideal for horses that are heave prone or allergic to dust and mold found in hay and other foodstuffs.
Feed Form: Beet Pulp, Pellets and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Adult maintenance, performance and breeding horses.
Stop into Foreman’s General Store located in Colleyville, Texas for your supply of Omolene 400 Horse Feed. A member of our helpful staff will gladly help you find the best equine feed for your horse. Have questions? Be sure to contact us. If you need more information about Purina’s Equine Feed, check out their website here.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget||
|Low Dust Ingredients||
|Vitamins and Minerals||
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System||
|Healthier Hair Coat||
|Feed with Hay or Pasture||
|- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Omolene #400® Horse Feed (lbs/day)*|
|Maintenance - Average Activity||6.5||8.75||10.75||13.00||15.25|
|Very Heavy Work||13.50||18.00||22.50||26.75||31.25|
|Mare Early Gestation (First 250 Days)||6.75||8.75||11.25||13.25||15.50|
|Mare Late Gestation (Last 90 Days)||7.75||10.50||13.25||15.75||18.25|
|Mare Early Lactation (First 3 Months)||12.25||16.50||20.50||24.75||28.75|
*In order to meet the minimum daily requirements of protein, vitamins and minerals, do not feed less than 0.6 lbs per 100 lbs of body
weight per day. EXAMPLE: A 1,000 lb horse has ten 100 lb increments (1,000 divided by 100 = 10). So for this horse, do not feed less than
6.0 lbs per day (10 x 0.6 = 6.0 lbs per day). If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace
Omolene #400® Horse Feed with Purina’s Nature’s Essentials® Enrich 12® or Enrich 32® Horse Supplement.
• Do not feed free-choice
• Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
• Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
• Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
• Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
• Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
• Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
• This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
• In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program