Purina Miniature Horse and Pony
Purina Miniature Horse and Pony horse feed is specifically formulated to meet the unique needs of miniature horses and ponies who tend to be more metabolically efficient than large horses, but still require the nutrition necessary for growth, gestation, lactation, breeding and competition.
Feed Form: Pellets and Extruded Nuggets
Recommended For: Miniature Horses and Ponies
Stop into Foreman’s General Store located in Colleyville, Texas for your horse feed and supplies. A member of our helpful staff will gladly help you find the best feeds for your animals. Have questions? Be sure to contact us. If you need more information about Purina feeds, check out their website.
|Purina® Amplify® Nugget
- The Purina® Amplify® Nugget is a patented, high-fat extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, falxseed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile that supports a strong immune function.
|High Quality Proteins
- Proprietary amino acids (building blocks of proteins) that support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves.
- Contains beet pulp inside the pellet as an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy.
- Provides 100% of the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed* so no additional supplements are necessary.
*Based on "Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition - 2007" published by the National Research Council.
|Highly Digestible Ingredients
- Provides nutrient density and supports proper digestion.
|Consistently Fresh, Quality Natural Ingredients
- Superior, consistent nutrition.
- Premium formulation with high-quality ingredients for excellent palatability.
|Controlled Sugars & Starch
- May help reduce the risk of adverse health effects caused by the management error of overfeeding.
|FeedGuard® Nutrition System
- The FeedGuard® Nutrition System is one of the industry's most innovative and exacting quality assurance programs. FeedGuard®Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professionals demand every day.
For Best Feeding Results:
- Feed at regular times. Do not feed more than 0.5 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight in one serving. Divide total daily feeding into at least two servings with three daily servings preferred. Be sure to weigh your feed using a scale. A small scale can be purchased in the fishing department of many sporting goods stores.
- Feed horse in a natural position from troughs placed at normal head height or lower. Do NOT feed free-choice (all the horse wants).
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse that is hot, excited or showing pain, fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise. Prevent rapid eating.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or pasture.
- Inadequate amounts of poor quality hay may lead to colic and other digestive disturbances.
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times, except immediately after intense physical exercise.
- Provide your horse with access to salt.
- Maintain a regular deworming program, have the horses's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.