We all love our pets and since they are a part of our families, we want to make sure to protect them against fleas and ticks. During the warm months of the year fleas and ticks thrive and can infest your pets, your home, and your yard. Here are some tips for combating fleas and ticks this summer.
How to Protect Pets Against Fleas and Ticks
- Wash pet bedding regularly with a detergent, and/or insect repellent. Dry on high heat.
- Clean, mop and vacuum your home to rid of immature fleas and their food sources.
- Check pets regularly for pests. Groom your pet at least bi-weekly.
- Check your pet immediately after a walk outdoors.
- Mow lawns weekly. Cut brush, weeds, and thickets. Remove debris, leaves and/or waste.
- Provide clean water and food for your pet daily; change water sources outside daily.
- Prevent fleas from attacking your cat or dog by carefully choosing and using flea and tick repellent products.
- Use flea and tick products on your pets, in your home, car or pet bedding according to the products’ label directions. Treating your pet, its home/sleeping area, your front and back yards can curb the occurrence and re-occurrence of fleas and ticks.
Foreman’s General Store carries a wide variety of flea and tick products from collars, sprays to medication. We carry a large selection of brands like Seresto, Adams, Bug Max, Enforcer, Spectra Sure and Frontline. Please consult your veterinarian before applying any of these products to your pets.