- Sprinkler System: Turn off the water supply to your sprinkler system and blow compressed air through the lines to dry out the water and prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Doors and Windows: Air leaks around doors and windows can affect your heating bill significantly. Help reduce your heating bill this winter by adding weatherstripping around your windows and doors.
- Roof: check your roof for missing or damaged shingles and have them replaced. Also check the gutters to make sure they are clean and not clogged.
- Insulate exterior pipes: Take the time to insulate exposed pipes and cover faucets. Remember to disconnect your garden hoses and drain them if you store them outside.
- Test run the heater: Test your heating system by turning on the heat on your thermostat and check for warm air.
- Have salt and ice scrappers on hand just in case of hazardous weather.
Come by Foreman’s General Store for all your cold weather supplies including faucet covers, ice scrappers, salt and more!