Here’s some creative inspiration courtesy of Botanical Interests Seeds for making your own Lavender Rosemary Sugar Scrub. Sugar scrubs can be expensive and filled with unwanted additives. Making your own ensures it is made of natural ingredients, and you’ll get a lot more for your money. Especially if you grow the lavender and rosemary from seed!
Lavender and rosemary have wonderful aromatic and cleansing properties. Dried leaves and flowers can be added to sugar and coconut oil to produce a cost-effective skin exfoliator and cleanser. You can find all of these items either in your garden or at your local grocery store. Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- ¼ Teaspoon lavender essential oil (optional)
- Small mason jar or other storage container
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Fill mason jar or other storage container.
Source: Botanical Interests Seed
Use on face, hands, body, and feet. Be careful when applying it in the shower, as the coconut oil can be slippery. You can substitute other flowers and herbs such as calendula, chamomile, sage, or echinacea. Give as a gift for Mother’s Day or keep it for yourself! Hashtag your creations with #botanicalinterests. All Botanical Interest seeds are the highest quality available; even the packets are designed to give you the information you need to be a more successful gardener!
- Over 600 high-quality varieties
- Many heirloom seed varieties
- A large selection of USDA Certified Organic seed varieties (learn more about organic seed)
- Guaranteed – the germination rate of every variety is tested before packaging
- All seed is untreated
- No GMOs – Enthusiastically ensured by the SAFE SEED PLEDGE: Botanical Interests does not knowingly buy, sell or trade genetically engineered seeds or plants