Foreman’s has a large selection of dog leashes and dog collars available in many styles and sizes. Our pet section is stocked full of a variety of collars and leashes to fit puppies and large breeds. Our pets are like family and getting them a brand new leash and collar is the first step in keeping them safe.
6 Great Reasons To Always Use Dog Leashes
Here are the top reasons why all owners should use dog leashes and collars:
- Leashes prevent your dog from chasing animals, people, or bikes.
- Its courteous to your neighbors, especially if they do not know your dog’s level of obedience.
- A single lost dog is one too many.
- When used properly, most canines don’t mind dog leashes or collars, in fact, most like them.
- You can pull your dog back to protect them, should there be something dangerous in the environment.
- A dog leash could save your dog’s life.
- Use a leash that is the correct size for your dog. Smaller dogs need thinner leashes with smaller hardware, while large dogs may require leashes of a slightly thicker width.
- Never pull or drag your dog with a leash. If he is reluctant to come, simply backup & call his name in a happy voice.
- Yanking or jerking a dog leash can injure your pet, especially younger pups and senior dogs.
- If your dog likes to pull, consider using a no-pull harness, such as the popular SENSE-ation Harness for dogs.
- Keep your leash in good shape. If the snap seems unstable or broken, replace it immediately.