If you are like most folks, you are gearing up for fall: cooler temperatures, holidays, and of course, fall cleanup. There is nothing like a blower to make short work of clearing your property of leaves and debris. Here’s a quick video on how to select the STIHL blower that is right for you.
Always refer to your blower’s instruction manual and understand all operating and safety instructions before using your blower. To help you get the most out of your blower, and to operate it in a more safe and courteous manner, we have put together this blower information guide.
Here are a few excerpts from the guide:
Wear all protective clothing recommended by your instruction manual
- Inspect the blower before and during use to make sure controls, parts and safety devices are not damaged and are working properly.
- Never modify a blower in a way not authorized by the manufacturer.
- Children should not use a leaf blower.
- Pay attention when using a leaf blower. Don’t point an operating blower in the direction of people or pets.
- Make sure bystanders, including other operators, are at least 50 feet away. Stop blowing if you are approached.
Follow local rules and ordinances about when to use leaf blowers. Do not use very early in the morning or very late in the day.Many of the objections to blower use in communities are a result of improper blower use. Courteous use of blowers is not only the right thing to do, but can help avoid backlash like bans. Our guide lists several tips including:
- If you live in a noise sensitive area, consider owning a low noise gas powered blower like the STIHL BG 66 L, or BR 500, or a cordless blower like the BGA 85.
- To reduce dust spreading, check wind direction and intensity and use the lowest possible throttle speed to do the job.
- Never point the nozzle or blow debris toward people, pets, cars or houses.
- Always be considerate of people passing by and of property.
By properly operating your blower and accessories you can make safe and short work of your yard care chores, and get on to all the fun activities fall has to offer.
For a complete listing of STIHL blowers, visit Foreman’s STIHL Dealer page to find the STIHL Blower page. Reserve your product online and come to Foreman’s for convenient pickup! Our knowledgeable staff will help you get set up with your new STIHL blower. We also offer financing and outstanding STIHL MasterWrench Service.
Source: STIHL USA Blog