Courteous and safe fall cleanup
Fall leaf cleanup should not be an all day chore. With the right blower equipment, you can make short work of clearing your property of leaves and debris. Visit Foreman’s General Store today to check out our selection of STIHL leaf blowers and find the model that best suits your needs. To help you get the most out of your blower, and to operate it in a more safe and courteous manner, STIHL has a great blower information guide.
Always refer to your blower’s instruction manual and understand all operating and safety instructions before using your blower.
Wear all protective clothing recommended by your instruction manual
Inspect the blower before and during use to make sure controls, parts and safety devices are not damaged and are working properly.
Never modify a blower in a way not authorized by the manufacturer.
Children should not use a leaf blower.
Pay attention when using a leaf blower. Don’t point an operating blower in the direction of people or pets.
Make sure bystanders, including other operators, are at least 50 feet away. Stop blowing if you are approached.
- Follow local rules and ordinances about when to use leaf blowers. Do not use very early in the morning or very late in the day.
- If you live in a noise sensitive area, consider owning a low noise gas powered blower like the STIHL BG 66 L, or BR 500, or a cordless blower like the BGA 85.
- To reduce dust spreading, check wind direction and intensity and use the lowest possible throttle speed to do the job.
- Never point the nozzle or blow debris toward people, pets, cars or houses.
- Always be considerate of people passing by and of property.